• The complete story of the racing Chevrolet Corvette from its inception to 2004
• The only American sports car to gain international acceptance in this period
• Detailed descriptions of the racing variants
• Showcases the different designers involved in the Corvette’s history
• Lists every model made from 1954 to 2004
• Full production specs for every model
• Original road text reports
• Copiously illustrated with period photographs
This book takes a detailed look at the racing Chevrolet
Corvette from its inception, construction, and subsequent updates
through the years.
This revised reprint of a classic title covers the history
and development of the racing Corvettes, from the car’s beginnings in
the 1950s with just 250 horsepower, through the Corvette GTP of the
1980s, with over 1000 horsepower, and on to 1996, when 4th generation
cars give way to the 5th generation.
Included are many interviews with the drivers who raced these exciting,
weighty and always fast cars, including John Greenwood, Dick Gulstrand,
Jerry Grant and ‘Fast’ Phil Curring, amongst others.
The book is illustrated with many quality photographs, supplied by
General Motors and well-known motoring photographers; it also contains
detailed specifications of the production cars, and road test reports.
Period Covered: 1956 to 1996
Models Covered: 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th generation Chevrolet Corvette racing cars.
The Corvette was the only American sports car to gain international acceptance in this period.
The book covers the often neglected racing history of an American icon.
Revised and updated for this new edition